Crain’s “Cool Places to Work” awards (2014)

Nov. 17, 2014 -- Cool Places to WorkI led this awards recognition program for 2014.

Crain’s Cool Places to Work recognition program honors employers that go the extra mile to make employees feel appreciated — as judged by the employees themselves.

Best Companies Group ranked 75 companies that it felt earned the badge of Cool Place to Work. We break out the top five from each category for a closer look at what the organizations do to attract and retain talent.

Best Companies’ assessment is done in two parts. On the employer side, the organization provides extensive information on its benefits, policies, practices and perks, then employees’ voices are heard through a confidential, 80-question survey. The final ranking is heavily weighted toward the employee portion of the assessment, accounting for 75 percent of the evaluation. The employer end accounts for the remaining 25 percent.

Nov. 16, 2014 | Crain’s Detroit Business